The Arts Collective
The Arts Collective was formed in 2009, and our Kiln events were the first expression of this ministry. Find out about past Kiln events and artists.
We believe the arts expand our capacity to encounter God. As a lay ministry of Woodland Hills Church, the Arts Collective seeks to explore and expand the role of artists and the ability of art to foster meaningful encounters with God and others.
Our goals is to do this by:
- Cultivating the imagination (the inner sanctuary) of both artists and non-artists in and around the Woodland Hills body
- Enhancing and texturing worship through musical, visual, tactile, auditory, linguistic and experiential art
- Affirming artists as members of the kingdom community through advocating for their full participation in all dimensions of the functioning of the corporate body
- Ministering to wounded and discouraged artists through physical, spiritual, emotional, professional, and relational support
- Educating the church body about encountering art as a redemptive, edifying and exhorting element in the spiritual journey
- Celebrating art and artists that wrestle with issues, ideas and images with integrity, faith and artistic excellence.
Woodland Hills staff and volunteers head up our arts ministry.
If you have any questions please contact:
Greg Wollan: email@example.com / 651-287-2064
Ruth Richmond: firstname.lastname@example.org / 651-287-2067