The main goal we have for our Kiln events is for artists to share some of their work, background and creative process. If you’d like to participate at an event, please send us two things:
1. Copies of the art that you would like to share. We encourage artists of any level of expertise to participate! However, if we can preview the work you’d like to share, it helps us put a good variety together for each event.
2. Answers to the questions below. These are not a test, but just a way to get to know you a little better. Based on your answers, we may suggest some specific content for you to cover during your time.
Please send your art and answers to Greg W. at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Kiln Artist Questions
Each artist should answer these questions:
- What kind of art do you create?
- How long have you been doing your art?
Then, choose 7-8 of these questions:
- How did you get started?
- Why do you do art?
- How long does it normally take for you to complete a work of art? What is your process for creation?
- What kind of environment(s) make it conducive for you to create?
- Thomas Edison: “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.” – do you find yourself working more naturally in one of these “modes” than the other? What do you like about each? Dislike?
- How important is commercial success to you?
- How accessible do you feel your art is? Do you make artistic choices so that your work will be easier for people to understand?
- How has “getting better” changed your art?
- Name one thing that would take your art to the next level.
- Who do you look up to as someone that you model your art after or strive to be like?
- What do you struggle with the most in the creation of your art?
- What is the most satisfying about your art?
- How do you see God at work in your work? Where does art and faith intersect for you?