Study Guide: God, Sex and Family
Sunday May 30, 2021 | Greg Boyd, Lambers Fisher, Paul Eddy
Please note that this message has some "PG-13" content that may not be suitable for kids.
This panel discussion serves as a wrap-up to the series on sex, marriage and singleness, as the panelists address practical issues around these topics.
In this panel discussion, Greg Boyd, Lambers Fisher, and Paul Eddy address specific practical issues related to sex, marriage and singleness. Some of the questions they address include:
- How did we get to the place where the culture looks down upon singleness?
- Why is the biblical teaching about sex within marriage a transcultural principle, not a culturally-specific accommodation?
- What is “purity culture” and what are the drawbacks of this teaching?
- What are the advantages and the challenges to the modern approach to dating?
In their answers, the panelists seek to provide biblical insight and direction so that people might see God’s radical perspective and move into walking it out in their lives.
- What stood out to you from this panel discussion?
- How does this challenge your understanding of God’s view of singleness and marriage?
- What are the three principles of dating that Paul shared? What do you think of them?
- What does it mean to say that sex is a sign of the marriage covenant?
- How does treating sex as trivial actually undermine the connection one might have with their spouse?