Welcome to our Children’s Ministry! If you’re new to Woodland Hills, below you can find our regular information about Heroes Gate. However, please know that for the time being, all of our regular ministries including Heroes Gate have moved online. Here is what we’re up to:
Heroes Gate is going live for our kids with fun, Jesus-centered teaching! Join us Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for a Facebook watch party with live interaction. Preschool will start the fun at 10am, Elementary at 10:15 and Club 56 at 10:30. Tune in at Facebook.com/HeroesGate. You can also view the same content posted to our YouTube channel!
Heroes Gate is our church’s version of “Sunday school.” It is:
- faith- and relationship-building
- for kids ages 18 months to 6th grade (younger kids are welcome in our nursery; info below!)
- during our 9 am and 11 am Sunday services (not on Saturdays)
We call it Heroes Gate because we believe that every child has the potential to become a hero that makes a real difference in the world by loving like Jesus.
We love pouring into kids, and would love to meet yours! Every Sunday, leaders teach our young heroes to see themselves within God’s Story through:
- group worship
- dramatic storytelling
- engaging group activities
Older children receive a weekly challenge to help them grown in their faith beyond Sunday.
Checking In and Out on Sunday Mornings
The Heroes Gate welcome desk is located at the front entrance to the worship center.
- New families are asked to complete an information card
- You’ll be given a name tag for your child and a family tag for you to keep
- Check your child in starting 15 minutes before each service (8:45 am and 10:45 am)
- Our check-in closes 25 minutes after the service starts
- At any time, you can check on your little one with your family tag
- Once the service is over, you (or another guardian) can pick up your child by showing your family tag
Our nursery is open during our 9 am and 11 am Sunday services and we welcome infants up to 18 months. Children are placed in the nursery according to their developmental stage: newborns, crawlers, and walkers.
A room is also provided for nursing mothers every Sunday morning where the service plays on a separate screen, allowing you to stay connected with what’s going on in the worship service.