about-bg about-bg

Watch/Listen

Topic: Community

Thank You for Being a Friend

In this sermon, Shawna Boren addresses the question: how do we practice friendship in our culture? She identifies common cultural practices that serve as roadblocks to friendship and then provides five relationship builders that will open up opportunities for cultivating connections with others.

He Sets the Lonely in Families

In this sermon, Emily Morrison lays out the biblical teaching of the church as family and what this could look like in modern Western culture where church family is often little more than shaking hands and sharing a periodic pot-luck.

What Happened to Spiritual Friendship?

Historically, intimate friendship was valued in the church and in the broader culture. This sermon provides a basic overview of why spiritual friendship is so important and why we need to build it into our lives today.

The Myth of Romantic Love

In this sermon, Greg challenges the modern myth of romantic love, providing three reasons why it derails us from entering into a biblical view of marriage. Also, Emily Morrison provides a reframe for understanding how singleness plays a part in God’s family.

Doubling Down

This short sermon and panel discussion challenge us to respond to God’s call to offer ourselves totally and completely to God by embracing spiritual disciplines that will shape our lives.

Connection or Community?

Why do we keep participating in social media even when it is not good for us? This week, David goes into three big reasons why we are drawn in, and what it could look like to live faithfully to the gospel in our hyperconnected world.

Wonderfully Unorthodox

In this weekend’s Palm Sunday service, Greg felt led to continue and expand on his message of loving people and losing labels. The brain needs repetition to really get something, and this message is so foundational to the kingdom, that it is worth continuing.

A Tale of Two Families

Greg starts off the first sermon of our new series titled Blended by examining how to scripturally navigate our biological and spiritual family systems.

Go and Do Likewise

Today Osheta summed up our sermon series on kingdom hospitality in light of the parable of the Good Samaritan, and we learned four vital steps to help us practice Kingdom Hospitality. 

Lessons in Hospitality

Hospitality has a unique meaning and application in the Kingdom of God. In this message, Greg continues our Kingdom hospitality series exploring Peter’s revelation in Acts 10 of who’s in and who’s out of the Kingdom. Through Christ, God has offered a giant bear hug to humanity with an invitation that all are welcome to enter. As followers of Jesus, … Read More 

1 2 3 4 9

testimonial-icon

"I have battled anxiety for years, searching for something to help me overcome fear. I believe that through your sermons, I have found truth and I am more convinced of the extravagant love of God than ever. I finally feel like I am on the journey out of the darkness."

– Amanda, from Nebraska