Heroes Gate in-person children’s ministry is committed to creating a fun, safe and clean place for kids to learn about Jesus! Please help us plan and hold your spot! Use the link at the bottom of this page or call 651-487-0001 to let us know you’re planning to come to church.
If you’re not ready to come back in-person, we’ve got you covered. We want families to feel safe and comfortable. Heroes Gate provides a weekly video, designed with a specific age group in mind. Click here to subscribe, and reach out to email@example.com to subscribe to our Heroes Gate email list.
Our staff and volunteers will be following current CDC guidelines. This includes masking up, social distancing, sanitizing and self-checking for symptoms. We will also adjust expectations as the guidelines evolve.
For now, please partner with us by observing the following precautions to keep everyone safe and healthy:
Before You Arrive
- Hold your Spot: Help us plan for staffing of rooms. Hold your Spot does not guarantee you a spot, it helps us plan. Hold your Spot opens on Mondays at 9am.
- Self-check for symptoms: Please make sure all members of your household are symptom-free before attending on a Sunday morning.
- Snacks and beverages: Please bring a labelled water bottle for your child, as our drinking fountains have been turned off. No snacks or beverages will be served during the service.
When You Arrive
- Entrance for Families Only: Please enter through Door C, which is on the Plaza Theater side of the building. WH staff and volunteers will be happy to assist you and we’ll have clear signage to point you in the right direction.
- Drop Off Times: The children’s ministry is open for drop off from 9:50am-10:10am for our 10:00 service. Please plan on arriving during this time, as doors will be secured afterwards. If you miss a drop-off time, activity bags will be available in the Gathering Area and your kids can join you in the Worship Center.
- What to Expect: Our volunteers and staff will help you find your nametags and drop your child off in their assigned classrooms.
During the Service
- Please have your cell phone with you and available – if your child needs you, this is how we will contact you. If your child displays symptoms of illness during the service, you will be contacted immediately so that you can take your child home.
- Please keep your parent tag with you, as you’ll need it to pick up your child at the end of the service.
- Masks or face covering are required for children ages 5+. Minnesota’s Safe Learning Plan, along with the existing face covering guidance for schools and childcare settings, remain in effect.
- Classroom capacities are adjusted to CDC recommendations and set up to accommodate safe distancing. We have tailored our programming to promote 3ft social distancing between children in our rooms.
- Hard surfaces and high touch areas will be sanitized.
- Toys, games and crafts will be sanitized, and clean supplies will be provided.
After the Service
- Please pick up your child and exit the building through Door C.
Please Note: While we are doing what we can to clean and sanitize, there is a potential for exposure to COVID-19 anytime you gather with a group of people.
- In the event of exposure, our staff will contact families. By law, we will not release the identities of any individuals who notify us of sickness.
- Exposed families will not return to Heroes Gate until the CDC guidelines have been met.
- If you believe your child has been exposed, please contact Paula Bowlby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-287-2068 or Mary VanSickle at email@example.com.
Contact Paula Bowlby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-287-2068.
Hold my Spot
Click below to hold a spot for your kids for the in-person service this coming Sunday, October 31!