It’s time to stretch those brain muscles in new ways! Both Cultivate classes and Gathering Groups start back up again on Jan 7. If you’re itching to do both, then don’t let us stop you! But if you have to choose, here are a few similarities and differences between the two to help you decide. Both will impact your relationship to God and your place in the kingdom.
- Both will expand your thinking about common topics we talk about here at Woodland.
- Both will connect you to other people in the congregation.
- Cultivate classes require a little more commitment. They typically meet once-a-week for 6-13 weeks and with the same people. Come to Gathering Groups when you can, don’t come when you can’t, and expect to have different people in your group every time.
- Cultivate classes go in depth into a certain topic. Gathering Groups use the previous weekend’s sermon.
- Cultivate classes have teachers and usually involve a combo of lecture, discussion and skill-building. Gathering Groups have facilitators and are largely discussion-based.