On Monday, February 6, a magnitude 7.8 earthquake hit Turkey and Syria, killing over 20,000 people. In the aftermath, thousands of survivors are living without shelter in very cold weather and facing shortages of food, water, fuel and medicine. Aid is arriving, but because Syria is still at war, it is particularly difficult to reach people there.
God’s heart is for the whole world, and in moments like these, we especially want to remember that. We ask that you join us in prayer for the countries of Turkey & Syria.
- Pray for rescue and relief workers.
- Pray for aid to arrive quickly, especially to conflict zones in Syria.
- Pray for the secondary crisis that is unfolding among unsheltered survivors and for those already impacted by existing humanitarian crises.
- Pray for local churches and believers to shine Christ’s light as they care for the hurting.
- Pray for those who are grieving and mourning.
You can read about how Turkish and Syrian Christians have been responding to the disaster from Christianity Today here.
If you are looking for places to donate, Charity Navigator has compiled a list of reputable organizations working in the area.