“I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior—yes, the Messiah, the Lord—has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!” – Luke 2:10-11
Are you looking for a way to get your kiddos prepared for the good news of Jesus’ birth this Christmas season?
We have a downloadable activity that you can use throughout December to bring the nativity story to life. If you attended our Good News Advent production, you already have it. For those of you who missed out, we want you to be able to participate too!
Here’s how it works:
- Download and print all seven Good News periodicals here.
- December 3: The Light of Jesus
- December 6: A Surprise Gift From The Holy Spirit
- December 13: Unexpected Blessing
- December 20: Hope Revealed
- December 24: No Room Available
- December 25: The Birth of Jesus
- December 26: Wise Men Visit
- Download and print the Advent Character Bank here.
- The downloads work best when printed on 11 x 17 sheets, also known as Tabloid size paper.
- Cut out all of the Advent characters.
- Read your seven Good News periodicals in order according to their issue date.
- Answer the devotional activity questions together as a family.
- While you read each periodical, match the characters in your Advent Character Bank to the blacked-out image in each periodical. Use tape or glue to place the characters where they belong in each story.
*Keep in mind Mary is only pregnant in two of the periodicals.
We hope you enjoy this special Advent activity as a family. The good news of Jesus’ birth is certainly something to celebrate!